FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September11, 2018
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Martha Guillen, Multicultural Chair
(805) 385-7434, firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate Oxnard’s Diversity at the 23rd Annual Multicultural Festival on Oct. 6, 2018
OXNARD, California– Celebrate Oxnard’s cultural diversity at the 23rd Annual Multicultural Festival on,
Saturday, Oct. 6, 2018, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Plaza Park, 500 S. C. Street. Admission is free.
The Multicultural Festival features a variety of fun, educational activities, entertainment and exhibits for all
ages. This year, the festival’s theme is Around the World in a Day. Featured activities include:
- Special performance by the Mini Driver Band, The Road Brothers, INSTONE, The Cousins and more!
- Stop by the international booths to have your festival passport stamped and learn about the countries
represented in the Oxnard community, including Kenya, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Philippines, Middle
East, Bolivia, India, Africa, Scotland, Chile and the Chumash. Attendees who submit a fully stamped
passport will receive a prize and be entered into the hourly raffle.
- Kids can stop by and visit the Gamez on Wheelz game truck, enjoy adrenaline-pumping fun in the jolly
jumpers, create your own silly hat from the Rad hatter booth and create your very own art canvas and
- Art Display presented by students of the City of Oxnard.
- Stop by the food trucks to indulge in cuisine and treats for sale including The Flip Side, Famous Tacos,
Me Gusta Gourmet Tamales, Ventura BBQ Truck, Baby Bad Ass Burgers, Bollywood Bites Truck, Magic
Churros Hotdogs, Kettle Corn, Dippin’ Dots, and Nothing Bundt Cakes and more!
- Plug In America will have a display of electric vehicles you can ride-n-test drive. First 100 who sign up
will receive a Free meal voucher to be used at one of the may Food Trucks onsite.
- Car Show at Plaza Park displaying over 100 classic cars. The community is highly encouraged to stop by
and vote for your favorite car.
The 2018 festival is sponsored by Players Casino, Gold Coast Health Plan, Hunt Ortmann Attorneys At Law,
Kane, Ballmer and Berkman, Oxnard Convention and Visitors Bureau, and Gamez On Wheelz, are this year’s
The Multicultural Festival, www.oxnard.org/multicultural-festival-2018, was introduced to the community in
1995 by the Oxnard Community Relations Commission (CRC), a citizen advisory group whose mission is to
promote understanding and respect among all racial, religious and nationality groups in the City and to
discourage and prevent discriminatory practices. The festival is organized by the CRC, City of Oxnard staff and