The Cultural and Community Services Division is inviting all local photographers to submit their best community photos in our second annual City of Oxnard Photography Contest! We will be accepting images taken between January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2018, so get out and start photographing! We want to see our City from your point of view!
Winning photos will be displayed in the in Main and South Oxnard Branch Libraries, as well as Council Chambers, and other City locations.
Rules and Requirements
- Photos MUST be taken within the boundaries of the City of Oxnard. Please see this map for the Oxnard City limits.
- Photos MUST be taken during 2018.
- Submissions should showcase the best that our city has to offer, and should fit within one of the three contest categories (see below).
- Images must be high-resolution; please make sure submissions are no smaller than 4 megapixels in resolution (2450 x 1633).
- Images should be in JPG format, in high or maximum quality. PNG or TIFF are also acceptable.
- Photos can be from any kind of camera- DSLR, point-and-shoot, smartphone, or even film (film images must be scanned and submitted digitally).
- Applicants may submit a maximum of 2 photos per category (6 total).
Any photos that do not adhere to these requirements will be disqualified.
One winner and one “fan favorite” (selected by social media followers) will be chosen in each of the following categories.
- Nature: Including hiking, parks, landscapes, outdoor activities, and wildlife.
- Community: Volunteerism, recreational activities, local events, arts & culture.
- City: Landmarks, buildings & architecture, structures, streets & roadways.
Judging panel to be announced.
Submissions must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please send your photos in separate emails, with each subject formatted as:
“Photo Contest, [full name][current email #] of [total emails]”
For example, “Photo Contest, John Doe 1 of 4”.
In the body of each email, please include the following:
- Your first and last name
- Primary phone number
- Primary email address
- Intended Category for the photo (nature/community/city)
- A short description of the photo, including the location and approximate date of capture.
Note: Please be sure that your photo is included as an attachment, and not placed in with the body of the email.
February 28, 2019 – Last day to submit photos
March 14, 2019 – Judging & Voting Begins
April 4, 2019 – Winners are announced
By submitting an entry into the Contest, you represent that your submission is an original work of authorship and that you own all right, title, and interest in the entry as of the date of submission and that the submission does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks owned by others.
By submitting an entry into the Contest, you also represent that your submission does not violate any privacy right of any other person. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted or, in the case of a minor, from the minor’s parent or guardian, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to the City upon request.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City and its officers, agents, employees and volunteers (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against all claims, damages, losses and expenses arising in connection with your participation in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize, including, without limitation any claims, damages, losses and expenses related to third-party claims of intellectual property infringement or violations of any personal privacy and/or publicity right. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of your participation in the contest or any winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. You are solely responsible for your entries.
License for City to Use Entry
You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant the City (and those authorized by the City) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any City purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, and exhibition. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The City will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.