PRESS RELEASE: County of Ventura Expanded COVID-19 Testing
Testing for COVID-19 has expanded to multiple locations throughout the County. Any Ventura County resident who meets the following criteria may schedule an appointment for testing by calling a State Location, at 1-888-634-1123, or County’s Ambulatory Urgent Care-sponsored testing site hotline, at 805-652-7660.
Testing Locations (as of 5/3/20):
- English: https://vcportal.ventura.org/covid19/docs/2020-05-03_Covid19Testing_updated.pdf
- Español: https://vcportal.ventura.org/covid19/docs/2020-05-03_Covid19Testing_updated_span.pdf
CRITERIA FOR TESTING
To be eligible for testing you must meet one of the two following criteria:
1. Symptomatic for COVID-19: any person with cough or shortness of breath OR two of the following symptoms: fever greater than 100.4F, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
2. Asymptomatic close contacts of a lab-confirmed COVID-19 case (see criteria below).
For Asymptomatic individuals please note the following:
• Asymptomatic close contacts may be tested at 2 time points, both at the beginning and the end of the 14-day quarantine period. If they are positive at the first test, they do not need to be re-tested at 14 days.
• A “close contact” of a “case” of COVID-19 is defined as living or staying at the same residence, being an intimate sexual partner, staying within 6 feet for more than 10 minutes while the case is not wearing a mask, or having direct contact for any amount of time with the body fluids or secretions of the case (e.g. was coughed or sneezed on, shared utensils with, was provided care by, or provided care for the case, without wearing a mask, gown, and gloves).
Available for all adults and children who live in Ventura County who have symptoms compatible with COVID-19. A physician referral for testing is not necessary. County residents will not be charged for the test and are not required to have health insurance, although they will be asked for insurance information if available.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE FOLLOWING CENTERS
(Please pre-register for a testing appointment)
OPTUMSERVE STATE LOCATIONS
Primary testing site for frontline and essential workers (e.g., grocery workers, food supply workers, utility workers, etc.)
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm
Location 1 – Oxnard Performance Arts Center
800 Hobson Way
Oxnard, CA 93030
Location 2 – Conejo Creek Parks South
1300 East Janss Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
VENTURA COUNTY AMBULATORY CARE URGENT CARE LOCATIONS:
For pre-screening and appointment, call the hotline at 805-652-7660.
Las Islas Family Medical Group- South
325 West Channel Islands Blvd.
Open 7 days/week from 9am – 5pm
Magnolia Family Medical Center
2240 E. Gonzales Rd.
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
Academic Family Medicine Center
300 Hillmont Ave., Bldg. 340
Monday – Saturday 9am – 4pm
West Ventura Medical Clinic
133 W. Santa Clara St.
Open 7 days/week from 9am – 5pm
SANTA CLARA RIVER VALLEY
Fillmore Family Medical Group
828 W. Ventura St. Fillmore, 93015
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Conejo Valley Family Medical Group
125 W. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Suite 200
Thousand Oaks, 91360
Open 7 days/week from 9:15am – 4:30pm
Sierra Vista Family Medical Clinic
1227 East Los Angeles Ave.
Simi Valley, 93065
Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm and
Sundays 9am – 2pm