About our City
Oxnard is a lovely beach community whose citizens enjoy exceptional emergency services on a day-to-day basis. But when a natural or manmade disaster strikes and everyone is affected by the same event at the same time, our first response resources will be overwhelmed.
Even though the City of Oxnard has extensive plans in place for a disaster, including a multiagency Emergency Operations Center, notification, monitoring and communication systems, and city employees trained to be disaster service workers, every citizen still needs to take responsibility and learn what to do and how to be self-sufficient. Being prepared to survive a disaster and recover from it is known as being “Ready and Resilient”!
This booklet is designed to help our community, its citizens and businesses learn the steps necessary to be Ready and Resilient!
These steps include:
- Prepare (Make your locations safer and have emergency supplies on hand)
- Plan (Develop an emergency plan for you family, business and neighbors)
- Get Trained (Take classes such as first aid, CPR and CERT)
- Get Involved (Work with your Neighborhood Councils and organizations like the Red Cross)
- Stay Informed (Know how to get “Official Information” during an emergency or disaster)