COMMERCIAL CANNABIS RETAIL UPDATE:
The Oxnard City Code allows these cannabis uses and the maximum number of cannabis permits:
- Retail dispensaries – sixteen (16)
- Manufacturing businesses – eight (8)
- Distribution businesses – three (3)
- Indoor cultivation businesses – five (5)
- Testing laboratory business – one (1)
A Commercial Cannabis Business Permit (CCBP) is required to open any of the above cannabis uses.
As of December 1, 2023,
Eight (8) Commercial Cannabis Business Permits (CCBP) for retail, have been issued for the following locations;
- The Artist Tree – 600 N. A Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Releaf on Vine – 2544 N. Vineyard Ave, Oxnard, CA 93036
- STIIIZY – 2343 N. Oxnard Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93036
- Legendary Oxnard – 2561 N. Vineyard Ave, Oxnard, CA 93036
- Catalyst Oxnard – 4749 S, Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA 93033
- Safeport – 2150 Trabajo Dr., Oxnard, CA 93030
- HPC – 360 W. Esplanade Dr., Oxnard CA 93036
- Oxnard Holistics – 1015 Harbor blvd., Oxnard CA 93035
Six (6) building permits have been issued to the remaining retail commercial cannabis applicants. Two (2) applicants are currently in the plan check process. This information will be updated at the beginning of each month. Please revisit this webpage to stay informed about the most recent commercial cannabis openings within the City of Oxnard.
COMMERCIAL CANNABIS GENERAL INFO
On March 1, 2021, the City Manager approved the ranking for the thirteen (13) Retail Cannabis applicants/dispensaries and three (3) Local Equity Retail Cannabis applicants. The final ranking and approved retail cannabis locations can be secured by clicking here. The City is not accepting applications for cannabis retail dispensaries at this time.
No CCBP’s have been issued for manufacturing, distribution, indoor cultivation or testing. The City has selected four (4) cannabis manufacturers, and three (3) distributors. The City will allow one (1) cannabis testing laboratory but has not selected one (1) at this time. The City is not accepting applications for cannabis manufacturing, distribution, or testing at this time.
The City’s cannabis retail, manufacturing, distribution, and testing laboratory ordinance available here:
The City has published the cannabis forms necessary to secure approval of a Certificate of Occupancy and Commercial Cannabis Business Permit (CCBP). You can access them here.
If you have questions regarding cannabis, please email email@example.com or (805) 385-8207.