In 2019, the Oxnard City Council approved the manufacturing, testing and distribution of cannabis within the City. The process for issuing permits for these uses in the City is occurring right now. At the end of 2019, the City approved retail cannabis uses in the City, subject to a permitting process. By early 2020, the City began accepting applications for retail cannabis dispensaries within Oxnard. The City is now extending the deadline to submit a retail cannabis application until May 22, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
How do I open a retail cannabis business in Oxnard?
All individuals and companies interested in operating a retail cannabis business in Oxnard must first submit a Commercial Cannabis Business Application in order to be considered to apply for a Commercial Cannabis Business permit. Additional details regarding the application process are available at: www.oxnard.org/cannabis-regulations.
What forms do I need to submit for a cannabis business in Oxnard?
Details regarding the City’s Retail Cannabis Application Procedure Guidelines can be accessed at:
I’ve already submitted an application. Do I need to re-apply?
The City is re-opening the retail cannabis application window only. The new application window will be open from May 14 to May 22, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
If you already submitted a complete retail cannabis application (Commercial Cannabis Business Application) to the City, you are not required to submit a new application.
If, however, you wish to submit a retail cannabis application, or replace your current application, you will need to take the following steps:
- New and replacement applications must follow the requirements outlined in the revised Commercial Cannabis Application Guidelines. You can obtain a copy of these guidelines at https://www.oxnard.org/cannabis-regulations/.
- You must make an appointment to submit your application in person to the City of Oxnard by going to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have already submitted your application, but wish to replace your current application, please make an appointment to withdraw your existing application and submit your new application by sending an email to email@example.com. Appointments are required due to Covid-19 and because City Hall is closed. All applications must be submitted to the City in person by no later than Friday, May 22 at 4:00 p.m.
- In addition, as specified in the revised Commercial Cannabis Application Guidelines, a copy of your new or replacement submittal must also be submitted to HdL on a USB/thumb drive by 4:00 p.m. on May 22, 2020. The thumb drive should be mailed to 120 South State College Blvd., Suite 200, Brea, CA 92821. Submittal in person is not permitted. The replacement thumb drive should be labeled “Replacement Thumb Drive” with the prospective retail cannabis address identified. Post marks will not be accepted.
- All requests for background checks are required to be submitted via HdL’s electronic portal by 4:00 p.m. on May 22, 2020. Go to https://hdlcompanies.formstack.com/forms/bc_oxnard
Should you have questions regarding the process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 385-8370.
Other important information
To review frequently asked questions, visit:
Email email@example.com with your questions and/or comments. You can also call (805) 385-8370.