FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 19, 2019
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT:
Katie Casey, Communications Manager
(805) 816-4330 | email@example.com
CITY OF OXNARD OFFICE CLOSURES AND REMINDERS FOR
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR’S DAY HOLIDAYS
OXNARD, Calif. – Residents and businesses are reminded that City Hall and many City departments will be closed for the upcoming holidays. The holiday office hours are listed below.
HOLIDAY OFFICE HOURS AND CLOSURES
- Tuesday, Dec. 24: City Hall and many offices close at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 25: City Hall and many offices are closed
- Tuesday, Dec. 31: City Hall and many offices close at 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan 1: City Hall and many offices are closed
The City’s holiday schedule hours and closures also apply to:
- The City’s Housing Department and Housing Authority
- The Cultural and Community Services Department, as well as the community centers operated by the Cultural and Community Services Department
There will be no residential trash pickup on Wednesday, Dec. 25 or Jan. 1. If your regular pickup date is Wednesday, then services will resume the following day on Thursday. For more information, call (805) 385-8060.
The customer call center for the Public Works Department will be closed for the holidays, but utility customers can pay their bills online at www.oxnard.org/online-payments or by phone at (805) 385-7816. Residents and businesses who need to report water-related emergencies should call (805) 385-8136. For sewer or storm water-related emergencies, contact (805) 488-3517.
Police and Fire department personnel will be on duty to provide patrol, fire, paramedic and other emergency services for the holidays. For life-threatening emergencies, always call 9-1-1. “If You See Something, Say Something” by calling the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385-7740 for non-emergencies. Residents are reminded that Spanish translators are available, and callers can report a crime or suspicious activity anonymously.