Boards, Commissions, Committees and Other Bodies
Citizen Advisory Committees – community service opportunity
The City of Oxnard has immediate and upcoming openings for volunteers to serve on the following boards, commissions, and committees:
- Community Relations Commission
- Commission on Homelessness
- Cultural Arts Commission
- Downtown Design Review Committee
- Library Board
- Measure O Citizen Oversight Committee
- Mobilehome Park Rent Review Board
- Parks and Recreation and Community Services Commission
- Planning Commission
- Senior Services Commission
- Youth Commission
Interested persons can obtain an application packet from the Oxnard City Clerk’s Office at 300 W. Third Street, Fourth Floor during regular office hours or by downloading the form below. The application form can also be completed interactively on-line and then printed to your printer. Applications for the above boards, commissions, committees are presented to City Councilmembers for consideration as openings occur or when terms expire.
For further information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 385-7803.
The following information has been summarized from the “Citizen Advisory Groups Policies and Appointment Procedures” adopted by the CityCouncil.
Applications are maintained for City Council consideration for one year. No individual may be appointed to a board, commission, or committee without a current application on file in the City Clerk’s Office.
To be eligible for appointment to any board, commission, or committee, an individual must meet all of the following requirements.
- Eighteen years of age;
- Resident of the City of Oxnard;
- Not presently a member of any CAG;
- Completed application on file with City Clerk.
Citizen Advisory Group Application – General – PDF (2.4 MB)
An individual who has already served on a CAG and is interested in reappointment must meet the following requirements:
- Attend at least 70 percent of the CAG meetings (including all absences, whether excused or unexcused);
- Application for reappointment on file with City Clerk one month prior to the expiration of the current term.
Citizen Advisory Group Application – Incumbents – PDF (1.9 MB)
City Clerk’s Office