Five members appointed to make recommendations to City Council and assist in the development of a City Library program responsive to the Library service needs of the community. Terms will coincide with the term of the Mayor.
- Advise the city council on policies and procedures relating to the public library;
- Investigate the nature and scope of the needs of the public library;
- Recommend policies and programs related to the public library for consideration by the city council;
- Assist the public library staff in reviewing and evaluating programs and services of the public library;
- Make recommendations to the city council for improvements to the public library;
- Represent the needs and views of the community to the public library staff and to the city council; and
- Prepare and submit an annual report of activities to the city council and make such other reports and recommendations to the city council from time to time as the library board may determine necessary to improve the operations of the public library.
Second Monday of the month, 5:00 p.m., Oxnard Public Library, Meeting Room A, 251 South “A” Street.
Sofia Kimsey, City Librarian, (805) 385-7522
* Requires the filing of Statement of Economic Interests form as necessary.
City Clerk’s Office