Online Building Inspection Request
Once you obtain a Building Permit and begin construction work inspections will be required for every phase of your project. Your construction project is not complete until all inspections have been finalized and approved.
Inspections are scheduled Monday through Friday from 9 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays).
The cut off time for next-day inspections is 4 pm. Inspections scheduled after 4 pm will be scheduled for the following day.
A request can be made for AM or PM time frames. If not selected, your inspection is scheduled for 9 am to 4 pm.
- AM Time frames are from 9am-12pm
- PM Time frames are from 1pm-4pm
If you would like a specific time frame for your inspection, you may call your inspector the day of your inspection. Please call between the hours of 8 am – 8:45 am.
Note: Inspection times are dependent on the workload and staffing levels for the day.
If you have submitted an inspection and need to change it, please call our office (805) 385-7936.
- Planning inspections must be scheduled with your planner, please call the Planning Department at (805) 385-7858 to schedule the inspection.
- Fire Department inspections must be scheduled directly with the Fire Department by CLICKING HERE or by phone at 805-385-7722.
- Public Works inspections must be scheduled directly with your Public Works inspector. The contact information for your inspector can be found on the permit card.
• If your City of Oxnard Business License is expired or your liability is expired you will be notified and your inspections will not be processed.
• Plans and Permit card must be at the job site during the inspection.
To ensure that you are requesting the inspection for the correct project please fill out each section below. Enter the 2-digit year and last 4-digits (##-####) of your permit in the box below.
Request an Inspection