The mission of Oxnard’s Planning Division is to create, preserve and enhance the quality of the City’s natural and built environments through implementation of the General Plan, zoning ordinance, adopted specific plans, Local Coastal Plan, and the coastal zoning ordinance. The Planning Commission’s role is to make sound land use decisions supporting the mission statement.
Daniel Chavez Jr.
Robert V. Sanchez
A qualified candidate must reside in Oxnard, and should have the following traits:
- An impartial interest except to improve the quality of life in Oxnard through sound land use decisions.
- Knowledge of the General Plan as the City’s guiding principles, and willingness to make decisions to support implementation of the General Plan.
- Ability to read and comprehend staff reports and documents pertaining to land use and environmental issues – some of these documents are voluminous.
- Ability to attend evening meetings: 1st & 3rd Thursdays of each month.
- Ability to attend daytime meetings: Wednesdays at lunchtime prior to Planning Commission hearing – only scheduled as needed.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a Planning Commission meeting, you should contact the office of the City Clerk at 385-7803. Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to assure accessibility to the meeting.
Please contact Planning Division (805) 385-7858 to confirm the hearing date and time or for more information concerning these matters. If you challenge these items in court, you may be limited to raising issues you or someone else at the public hearings or in written correspondence prior to or at the public hearing.
The Planning Commission meeting is televised live on Spectrum Channel 10 and Frontier Cable Channel 35 at 6:00 PM. Meetings are available, live and on demand, below.