Building Safety & Engineering Services
Building & Engineering is conveniently located in the Oxnard Service Center: 214 S. ‘C’ Street, Oxnard, CA 93030
Phone: (805) 385-7925
Fax: (805) 385-7854
Building Inspection Services:
To schedule an inspection, have your permit number, contact person and contact phone number ready.
To schedule an inspection online, click here.
Customers seeking permit issuance, new project submittals, and any other service requiring the assistance of a permit technician will be asked to return the next business day. Customers should arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. in order to be served by a permit technician before 4 pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Examples of services available after 4 pm:
- General questions
- Permit handouts & guides
- Pick up plan check corrections
- Scheduled appointments
- Re-submit ongoing plan checks
- Zone Clearance Review
Services that cannot be provided after 4 pm:
- First-time submittal of any new projects, including over the counter permits.
- Issuance of permits.
- Questions for Permit Technicians.
- Any other service requiring assistance by a permit technician.
NOTICES & INFORMATION:
The 2019 California Building Standards Code takes effect on January 1st, 2020
- Any new project submitted after 12:00 pm on December 31th, 2019 will be required to comply with the 2019 Codes. This includes the Building, Electrical, Fire, Mechanical, Plumbing, CalGreen, and Energy Codes.
- Projects submitted before 12:00 pm on December 31st, 2019, and/or projects under construction prior to January 1st, 2020, must not become inactive for more than 180 days or they will be required to update to the 2019 Codes.
- Housing tracts and other repeat building projects that are in construction must update all building permits to the 2020 Codes for any buildings whose permits have not been pulled by June 30, 2020.
For additional information about the 2019 California Building Standards Codes, visit the California Building Standards Commission Website: www.bsc.ca.gov/Codes.aspx