*The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is not taking applications at this time. The waiting list is currently closed.
Any family that wishes to participate in the Section 8/HCV must apply for the program. The OHA initially requires only the information needed to make an initial assessment of the family’s eligibility and to determine the family’s placement on the waiting list.
- Applicants are eligible based on income limits
- Family composition (families, senior citizens 62+, and disabled/handicapped have priority over single individuals not meeting the above residency
- Residency (must work or live in the City of Oxnard)
- Proof of legal residency status.
The following documents will be required to finalize your application:
- Birth Certificates for all family members.
- Social Security Card for all family members.
- Driver’s License or ID card for all family members 18 yrs. of age or older.
- Completed Declaration of Eligibility for Assisted Housing (HUD Form 214) for each family member.
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) if applicable.
- Authorization for Release of Information signed by all family members 18 yrs. Of age and older.
- Authorization form to Obtain Records signed by all family members 18 yrs. Of age and older
- Current proof of residency (lease, utility bill, income verification, driver’s license, ID, or bank statement).
- Current income verification.
- Current verification of all assets.
The OHA will require of all applicants:
- A criminal background investigation both local and nationwide of all family members 18 yrs. Of age or older.
- Official verification of residency.
- Verifiable Income Information.
OHA will conduct sex offender and criminal background checks on all family members age 18 or older. OHA will deny admission to the program if any member of the household is subject to a lifetime sex offender registration program or has a history or pattern of violent criminal or drug activity.
Providing false, incomplete, or inaccurate information is grounds for denial of your application or termination of participation.