“Protecting the environment, preserving quality of life, providing resilient and sustainable infrastructure”
Who we are
The Wastewater Division is responsible for the management, planning, operation and maintenance of the Oxnard Wastewater Treatment Plant (OWTP), sanitary sewer system and sanitary pump stations; and the management of the Industrial Pretreatment Program.
The Wastewater Division is organized into seven functional areas – Administration, Operations, Maintenance, Collection System, Laboratory, Infrastructure Management and Technical Services.
- Administration is responsible for the overall management, administrative, planning and budget services for the Division.
- Operations is responsible for the daily operation of the OWTP. The OWTP is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days a week including holidays and weekends. The group is responsible for permit compliance with federal, state, and local laws; process control and optimization; equipment monitoring and troubleshooting; and biosolids management.
- Maintenance is responsible for routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, process trouble-shooting, equipment calibration, and preventive maintenance for the OWTP and 15 lift stations. Staff also responsible for responding to emergency equipment and process failures.
- Collection System is responsible for the maintenance, inspection, cleaning, repair and upgrade of the City’s wastewater collection system.
- Laboratory Services Group is responsible for the operation, services and activities of the state certified wastewater treatment plant laboratory.
- Infrastructure Management is responsible for the development, planning, implementation and coordination of planned and unplanned capital projects at the OWTP, sewer collection system.
- Technical Services is responsible for the implementation of our NPDES required Industrial Pretreatment Program.
Wastewater Treatment Plant
|Rated Capacity||31.7 Million Gallons per day|
|Average Daily Flow||19 Million Gallons per day|
|Average Daily Biosolids Disposal||80 Tons per day|
Sanitary Sewer System
|400+ Miles of Sanitary Sewer|
|15 Pump Stations|
6001 Perkins Road, Oxnard, California 93033
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Alternate Fridays 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Regular Business Hours: (805) 271-2200
Emergency After Hours: (805) 797-7598
Other Important Phone Numbers
Billing Inquiries: (805) 385-7816
Stormwater: (805) 488-3517
Hazardous Waste Disposal: (805) 339-4005