DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS DECEMBER 13, 2018
The CRC proposed, and the City Council approved, the Community Recognition Awards program in 1989. These awards recognize deserving individuals and groups that have furthered human relations in the Oxnard community.
- As a citizen advisory group of the City of Oxnard, the Community Relations Commission (CRC) is empowered to:
- Promote mutual understanding and respect among all minority and non minoritygroups;
- Facilitate inter-group harmony through educational and cultural activities;
- Mediate prejudice, discrimination and racism; and Promote fair housing and equal employment opportunity.
- Who is eligible for nomination? Any youth, senior, individual, business, or organization that works or performs community services in Oxnard.
- Who may nominate? Any person may nominate another youth, senior,individual, business, or organization. Selection Review Committee members are not eligible for nomination.
- Award winners will only be considered by the Selection Committee in relation to the awards criteria identified above.
- The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations based upon the following factors:
- Is the quality of the nominee’s accomplishments outstanding?
- Has the nominee demonstrated respect, empathy, and consideration in the furtherance of human relations?
- Has the nominee provided assistance as a volunteer, or exceeded the responsibilities of normal work?
The CRC will present the awards to the outstanding youth, senior, individual, business and organization TBD in early 2019.
There are two ways you may submit your Nomination Form.
- Fill-out the online form below or
- Download the form here.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION
Deadline for nominations is December 13, 2018, at 5 p.m.
If you prefer not to email the nomination form, you may also submit in person or mail directly to:
City of Oxnard
City Manager’s Office
Attn: Luis Güereca
300 West Third Street, 4th Floor
Oxnard, CA 93030