OXNARD PARTICIPATES IN NATIONAL PREPAREDNESS MONTH WITH THE THIRD ANNUAL DISASTER PREPAREDNESS FAIR, SEPTEMBER 16TH
OXNARD, Calif. – September is National Preparedness Month and the Oxnard Fire Department will be hosting its third annual Disaster Preparedness Fair on Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.in the Fire Administration parking lot located at 360 West 2nd Street in Oxnard. Participants will be able to browse multiple informational booths, check out Fire Department emergency response equipment, and experience what an earthquake feels like in the Big Shaker Earthquake simulator. ADMISSION IS FREE. The fair has been arranged, organized, and planned entirely by volunteers. The community members have created a diverse offering of education, activities and demonstrations for the whole family to enjoy. Food trucks will be onsite to provide tasty treats.
The Office of Emergency Services will be holding a raffle! Raffle prizes include:
• NOAA Weather Radio – Donated by NOAA
• Mr. Softee T-shirt – Donated by Mr. Softee Ice Cream Truck
• 2 Person Ready America Emergency Kit – Donated by Big Shaker Enterprises
• $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card – Donated by Sam’s Club on Rose Avenue
• Trader Joe’s Preparedness Basket – Donated by Trader Joe’s on Victoria Avenue
• American Red Cross Emergency Backpack – Donated by the American Red Cross
• $100 worth Aldi Gift Cards – Aldi Grocery Store on Ventura Road
The raffle will be drawn after the fair. Raffle winners will be notified through the information provided on the raffle ticket. Winners will have 3 days to respond after notification. If no response is received after 3 days, a new ticket will be drawn. Winners will be responsible for picking up their prizes.
For more information about the fair, please call 385-3947 or 385-7722 (Spanish).