External Links from City of Oxnard Website
The City’s website contains links to other websites as a convenience to the public. Such links do not constitute an endorsement. The City is not responsible for information contained on websites linked from any City page and has not reviewed such for accuracy or legal sufficiency. In the establishment and maintenance of its official website, the City does not intend in any manner to create a forum or other means by which public disclosure, exchange of opinions, or discussion on issues of any nature may occur.
The City reserves the right to deny an External Link to any person, business or organization when it is determined that the entity or organization does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy. Nothing in this Policy is intended, and this Policy shall not be interpreted, to transform the nature of the City’s website into something other than a non-public forum.
The City permits the establishment of links to external websites on the City’s official website solely in conformance with this policy.
At its discretion, the City may provide links to external websites that fall into one of the following categories:
- Other federal, state or local governmental agencies;
- Other municipalities;
- Private utilities;
- Public and nonprofit private, bona fide educational institutions as defined in by the U.S. Department of Education;
- U.S. Military;
- Museums, libraries, historical and cultural organizations and similar kinds of established, bona fide organizations that provide resources to residents and visitors;
- Nonprofit organizations that partner with the City to meet the City’s strategic or operational goals such as the Chamber of Commerce, Oxnard Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Oxnard Performing Arts and Convention Center, Carnegie Cornerstones, etc.;
- City-generated pages on social media websites;
- Entities that the City has an existing formal, contractual relationship with through direct funding, or co-partnership on programs.
Examples of the type of websites that the City’s website will not provide an External Link to include websites:
- Representing for-profit businesses;
- Promoting or exhibiting hate, bias, discrimination, pornography; libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or any ballot proposal;
- Associated with political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state or federal issue;
- Furthering the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office;
- Furthering the non-charitable agenda of a labor union;
- That are individual or personal websites.
Removal of External Link from City Website
The City reserves the right to immediately and without notice to any person or organization: (1) remove any External Link if the nature of the organization or business to which the link relates no longer complies with the City’s External Link Policy; (2) discontinue an External Link at any time if entity’s website parallels any of the above examples of websites the City will not link to, or if there is incorrect information at any time; or (3) to revise this Policy without prior notice when to do so is deemed to be in the best interests of the City of Oxnard.
Location and Appearance of External Links
The City reserves the right to determine how and where External Links will appear on its website; i.e., what page the link appears on and where the link is placed on the page.
External Link Request
Organizations and City staff requesting to establish external links to the City’s website may submit a request to the (CM or IT Director).