Fire Suppression and Emergency Services
Fire Suppression and Emergency Services is the largest division within the Oxnard Fire Department and staffs eight fire stations located throughout the city.
In addition to fire suppression, the Division provides emergency medical services, hazardous materials operations, vehicle extrication and water and special rescue operations. In 2013, the Fire Department responded to over 18,600 emergencies.
Daily staffing includes eight engines, two trucks, and a battalion chief.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Suppression
- Urban Search and Rescue (USAR)
- Hazardous Material Response
- Vehicle Extrication Response
- Water Rescue
- Public Fire and Life Safety Education
- Fire Investigation
- Records Management and Regulation of Hazardous Material Uses
- Disaster Preparedness
- Community Disaster Response Training
- Review and Inspection of New Construction