Donations for the Colonia Library
Guidelines for Library Materials Donations
The Library appreciates your donations; however, we are unable to accept some materials. For the health and safety of Library employees and volunteers, and for the integrity of the Library’s collection, the following will not be accepted:
- Books or magazines with yellowed or torn pages
- Books or magazines that are dirty, moldy, or have an offensive odor
- Books or magazines with any signs of insect infestation
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias older than 5 years
- Computer, medical, law, real estate or financial investment books older than 3 years
- Computer/Office equipment
The items above can be disposed of at the City of Oxnard’s Del Norte Regional Recycling Center, located at 111 S. Del Norte Blvd. For more information on hours, terms of acceptance of materials, fees and contact info, please refer to this document.
Some donated materials will be added to the library’s collection, and others will be given to the Oxnard Friends of the Library Foundation for their used book sales. The funds raised by the Foundation’s used book sales benefit our community by supporting children’s, teen, and adult programs and are also used for the purchase of new library materials.
page last updated: June 19, 2019