Quick Topic Access
- Library Cards
- Renewing Library Items
- Library Fees for Lost or Damaged Items
- Fines and Fees
- Study Rooms
- Reserving Materials
- Loan Guidelines
- Meeting Rooms
- Guidelines for Library Donations
- Code of Conduct Policy
There are eight small study rooms located on the second floor of the Main Library available for public use. Each study room will accommodate a maximum of four people. Study room time is limited to two hours.
South Oxnard Branch Library
The South Oxnard Branch Library has five study rooms available for public use. Each study room will accommodate a maximum of eight people. There is a two hour time limit.
Study Room Guidelines
- Rooms are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There is no fee to use study rooms.
- Study rooms are not soundproof and are intended for quiet study. No disruptive noise or loud talking, including on the cell phone, is allowed.
- Food and drink are not permitted.
- Rooms are to be left in a tidy condition.
The library appreciates your donations; however, we are unable to accept some material. For the health and safety of library employees and volunteers, and for the integrity of the library’s collection, the following will not be accepted:
- Books or magazines with yellowed or torn pages
- Books or magazines that are dirty, moldy, or have an offensive odor
- Books or magazines with any signs of insect infestation
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Encyclopedias older than five years
- Computer, medical, law, real estate or financial investment books older than three years
- Computer / Office equipment
Some donated materials will be added to the library’s collection, and others will be given to the Oxnard Friends of the Library Foundation for their used book sales. The funds raised by the Foundation’s used book sales benefit our community by supporting children’s, teen, and adult programs and are also used for the purchase of new library materials.
ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF OXNARD
ORDINANCE NO. 2955
last updated April 2, 2020