Job and Career Resources
- LearningExpress Library LearningExpress Library is aninteractiveonline learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You’ll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results. You will need an Oxnard Public Library Card to access LearningExpress Library. After clicking on the link, please enter the barcode number from the back of your library card and then enter your pin number (the last four digits of your phone number).
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Search by occupations or skills, find education requirements, job characteristics, average salaries, and links to related sites.
- Learn How to Become Comprehensive information on careers, education options, job details and salaries.
- CareerOneStop Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor – provides both national and local resources as well as tools like a skills/interest profiler, tips for updating skills, networking ideas, and much more.
- Career Resource Center Lists 1,800+ links to job resources. Features company rankings, education resources, profiles of different occupations, assessments, and résumé guide; also includes a home business section.
- JobStar Guides for specific careers: planning a career, training or education required, salaries, work environment, etc.
- UC Berkeley Career Center Job sites reviewed and recommended by U.C. Berkeley Career Center staff.
- USA.gov Explore a career with the federal government.
Oxnard Public Library Books & Materials and Business Table
The library offers books, DVDs, books on CD and Tape, as well as video recordings that provide the following job-related information:
- Cover Letters/Resumes (see section 650.14)
- Interviewing (see section 650.144)
- Career Information (see section 331.7)
- Civil Service Exam Preparation (see section 351.3)Located in the Reference Area on the 2nd floor of the Main Library, Business Table resources are available in English and Spanish as well as Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Vietnamese.
- Resources from résumé writing to starting your own business
- Employment sheets, Federal Times, Jobs Available, and California Jobs Journal
Local Job Centers
There are no longer Job and Career Centers (aka Ventura County Job and Career Centers). The places below, however, offer similar services.
The main facility that offers resources to job seekers is:
Its affiliate office is:
America’s Job Center of California – East County
2900 N. Madera Road
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Phone Number: (805) 955-2282
There are also rooms with resource information for job seekers that provide access to America’s Job Center Service and Resources at the following Human Services Agency Community Service Center locations:
Ventura Community Service Center – Resource Room
4651 Telephone Road Ste #200
Ventura, CA 93003
Phone Number: (805) 654-3434
Santa Clara Valley Community Service Center – Resource Room
725 E Main St #100
Santa Paula, CA 93060
Phone Number: (805) 933-8315
Fillmore Community Service Center – Resource Room
828 Ventura St, 2nd Floor
Fillmore, CA 93015
Phone Number: (805) 524-8666
Thousand Oaks Community Service Center – Resource Room
80 E. Hillcrest Drive, Suite 200
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Phone Number: (805) 374-9006
Moorpark Community Service Center –Resource Room
Ruben Castro Center
612B (Building B) Spring Road, Suite 301
Moorpark, CA 93021
Phone Number: (805) 523-5444