Oxnard residents have a choice of two sizes of curb carts (64-gallon/96-gallon) for the three-bin waste collection system. Follow the guidelines linked in the cart description above to take full advantage of the services available. Visit the FAQ page for more information about all of the Environmental Resources Division programs.
Use the curb cart with the blue lid for recyclables (glass, plastic, metal, paper, cardboard, etc.)
Use the curb cart with the green lid for green waste (yard clippings, grass, branches and bagged food scraps)
Use the curb cart with the gray or black lid for trash (non-recyclable, non-organic solid waste)
To ensure your carts are serviced properly, please follow these guidelines:
- Place bagged food scraps in your organics cart along with your yard waste.
- Place carts at least two feet apart and three feet from parked cars, mailboxes, or other obstructions.
- Cart handles and wheels should face toward your home.
- Carts may not be serviced if they are over-filled or exceed maximum container weight, are inaccessible, or contaminated with unacceptable material.
- Place carts out by 6 AM and remove them by 5 PM.
For information on the what goes in what bin or how to properly dispose of any and all items, please use the Recycle Oxnard tool.