Residential Curbside Collection Services
All three carts are emptied weekly, on your regular service day. Collection drivers may arrive any time between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
To ensure your carts are serviced properly, please follow these guidelines:
- Have your carts at the curb by 5:30 a.m. You may place carts curbside the night before your collection day. Please remove your carts from the curb by 5:30 p.m.
- Place carts about two feet apart from one another and three feet from parked cars, mailboxes, or other obstructions.
- Cart handles and wheels should face toward your home.
- Place bagged food scraps in your organics cart along with your yard waste.
- Carts may not be serviced if they are over-filled or exceed maximum container weight, are inaccessible, or contaminated with unacceptable material.
Trash, recycling and organic waste cart collection services will delayed by one day following these holidays:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Cesar Chavez Day
There will be no street sweeping and enforcement for the remainder of the week following a weekday holiday.
Click here to view and download the 2023 Cart Collection & Street Sweeping Calendar.
Oxnard residents have a choice of two sizes of curb carts (64-gallon/96-gallon) for the three-bin waste collection system. Follow the guidelines linked in the cart description above to take full advantage of the services available. Visit the FAQ page for more information about all of the Environmental Resources Division programs.
Use the curb cart with the blue lid for recyclables (glass, plastic, metal, paper, cardboard, etc.)
Use the curb cart with the gray or black lid for trash (non-recyclable, non-organic solid waste)
Use the curb cart with the green lid for green waste (yard clippings, grass, branches and bagged food scraps)
Reciclaje De Desechos Orgánicos
For information on the what goes in what bin or how to properly dispose of items, please use the Recycle Oxnard tool.
For more information on recycling and food waste, please reach out to our staff by calling (805) 200-2206 or email email@example.com.
Visit CalRecycle for more information about residential recycling requirements.
To report a problem with service, if you need assistance with damaged or missing containers, or would like information on rates and rentals, please reach out to our staff by calling (805) 385-8060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.