Current Pending Initiatives
On October 28, 2019 proponents for five proposed Oxnard initiative measures delivered signatures to the Oxnard City Clerk’s office.
The following five measures were submitted and are listed below in summary format for ease of reference.
- Early Termination, or Future Extension Requirements of Measure O
- New Requirements for City Council Meetings
- Term Limits for the Mayor & Councilmembers
- Expedited Processing for Selected Development Permits
- Appointing City Treasurer as Director of Finance
Following standard protocol, the City Clerk conducted a preliminary check to ensure the submittal is complete.
The preliminary check was scheduled on Monday, October 28, where the City Clerk determined that a sufficient number of signatures had been received in order to submit the petitions to the Ventura County Registrar of Voters.
The Ventura County Registrar of Voters is now responsible to certify the signatures and declare whether the initiatives qualify to be placed on an election ballot. 8,401 Oxnard voter signatures are required to place an initiative on the ballot. The County has 30 business days to certify, not including holidays.
Please visit this page for ongoing updates.