“Homeland security starts with Hometown Security, and our state and local law enforcement partners and the public play an important role in keeping our country safe,” says United States Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. The Oxnard area has tremendous assets and resources – some of which may be attractive targets for those who wish to harm our nation. For example, we enjoy one of the world’s richest agricultural communities. Our neighbors include three military installations, a deep water port, an airport, a rail line and a major freeway.
Every one of us plays an important role in keeping our community and our country safe. In this age of terrorism, if something appears suspicious, it warrants a second look. Take a minute to report it to local authorities.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS SAY SOMETHING! CALL 9-1-1 or call the non-emergency number for OXNARD POLICE at 385-7600
Seven Signs of Terrorism:
- Surveillance (recording or monitoring activities) – especially of key facilities.
- Attempts to obtain information regarding a key facility or function.
- Tests of security – like measuring reaction or response times.
- Acquiring supplies that could be used in a terrorist act.
- Suspicious persons.
- Dry runs/trial runs.
- Deploying assets: Placing people, equipment or supplies in place to commit the terrorist act. This is the last chance to notify authorities.