Emergency Management officials in Oxnard take an “All Hazards” approach to disaster preparedness. We compare what is “possible” against what is “probable.” We focus most of our attention on what is likely to happen but our plans prepare us for any and all hazards. The information in this community preparedness guide can do the same for you. Taking time now to implement the steps outlined in this guide can help You and Your Loved Ones prepare for and recover from a personal emergency or a community disaster.
Oxnard residents can rest assured that our community makes every effort to plan for the unexpected and to ensure that resources and our partner relationships are in place to deal with them. Following is a sample of some of what is in place to assist you during any disaster:
- Oxnard has adopted the Federal Government’s National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Oxnard participates in the development of regional plans and maintenance of regional systems designed to assist with communication and resource procurement during a disaster.
- Oxnard works closely with Local, County, State, and Federal disaster partners.
- Oxnard has automatic mutual aid agreements in place for incidents requiring police, fire, medical and public works resources.
- Oxnard has monitoring, alert and warning, and notification systems in place.
- Oxnard has Emergency Operations Centers in place.
- Every City of Oxnard employee is a Disaster Service Worker who will be called upon during a disaster.