STAY AWAY! KEEP OTHERS AWAY!
CALL 9-1-1! LISTEN TO AUTHORITIES!
An accident involving a hazardous material may cause injury, loss of life, damage to property or to the environment. Ours is a society dependent on the use of chemicals. Every day we enjoy their benefits but occasionally, an accident occurs where chemicals spill or are released. That can be very dangerous and can potentially affect a large number of people. It is important to:
- Recognize the signs of a potential hazardous materials emergency
SOME POTENTIAL SIGNS OF A HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EMERGENCY:
- Sick or dying animals, people, or fish
- Unusual liquid, vapor, or odor
- Stay away from any suspected chemical spill or release!
- Stay upwind!
- Keep others away!
- Call 9-1-1! (Look for any signs with symbols or numbers on them that you can describe to the 9-1-1 operator)
- Listen to authorities immediately!
They’ll either tell you to stay (shelter-in-place) or go (evacuate).