- How the Program Works
- Reading Log
- Online Registration/Update Us on Your Reading Form
- Summer Reading Program 2020 Brochure of Events
- Library Event Calendar
- Looking for reading ideas? Here’s our recommendations for kids!
- Here’s our picks for adults!
How the Program Works
1. Print out a copy of our reading log here, save a copy of this PDF, or copy the format of the log into a notebook. Please note there are no printed logs available. Each person can only register once for this program.
2. On your log, starting June 22, mark a space when you read, listen to an audiobook, or are read to. It could be a short book, a chapter, for 15 minutes, etc. Set your own reading goals! You can also mark a space if you view a virtual storytime.
3. After you read at least once, register and log your reading here. Fill in your first and last name, phone number, which age level of program you are participating in, and how many spaces you have completed, up to five maximum per day. If the participant is a minor, please let us know the age and school you go to the first time you register. Use the same process and form to keep us up-to-date on your reading progress throughout the summer!
4. Other options to register and log reading are by phone at
805-385-7532, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. By email, please be sure to provide us with the same information listed in number three above.
5. Note: All registration information is strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone outside the library and, within the library, staff that are not directly involved with the Summer Reading Program.
6. After you have read at least 10 times, call us at 805-385-7532 for information on how to pickup a fun reading incentive.
7. When you finish more than 30 spaces, you get a special reading incentive and entered into a raffle drawing for a grand prize! Call us at 805-385-7532 for information on how to pickup the incentive.
last updated June 30, 2020