We want your input on proposed smoking ordinance
The Oxnard City Council will review a proposed smoking ordinance during its regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016.
Businesses and residents are encouraged to attend the meeting to provide their input. This will be the City Council’s first reading of the proposed ordinance.
Under the proposed ordinance, smoking (including vaping) would be prohibited in/at:
- Dining areas, including outdoor restaurant patios
- Public events, including farmers markets, festivals, parades, etc.
- Recreational areas, including parks, beaches, trails, etc.
- Service areas, including ATM lines, bus stops, kiosks, etc.
- A reasonable distance (25 feet) from any area where smoking is prohibited
- Inside all facilities owned, leased or controlled by the City
The Council agenda will be posted to the City’s website at www.oxnard.org/city-council-meetings by the end of the day on Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016.