The Small Business Program
Building permits are required for new construction or modifying an existing building. We understand that the plan check/permitting process can be confusing at times. The Small Business Program is available to help simplify the plan check process.
The program is based on a 45-minute plan check review meeting. During this meeting, a team of City Engineers, Planners, and Plan Checkers will meet with you and your design team to discuss and/or review the proposed project. We will review the project for compliance with City and State regulations, as well as any applicable City codes.
Due to the time constraints, the following are types of projects NOT allowed in Small Business Program:
- Code Compliance
- Change of Occupancy
- New Restaurants or significant restaurant modification
- Small projects that involve 4 or fewer departments
- Projects larger than 3,000 square feet (Anything over 3,000 sq. ft will exceed the title 24 requirements – heating, lighting, building U value. This will exceed the time frame allowed in small business).
- Projects including structural calculation in excess of 5 sheets
- Projects involving additions to commercial/industrial buildings
- Rack storage exceeding 12-feet high
- Fire Sprinkler Plans
We are committed to working closely with developers, homeowners, and contractors to ensure the success of your project. To obtain further information about the program or to schedule an appointment, please complete the form below and email it to email@example.com
Download and complete the form: Small Business Data Sheet
Please note: a City Business License is required for anyone doing work in the City of Oxnard. This requirement applies to all businesses including:
|• Permit Runners||• Engineers||• Designers||• 3rd Party Agents|
|• Expeditors||• Architects||• Surveyors|
|• Draftsmen||• Developers||• Contractors|