Senior Services Commission
Seven members appointed to advise and make recommendations to the City Council on matters concerning the needs of senior citizens. Members must have reached their 50th birthday. Terms will coincide with the term of the Mayor.
- Analyze, define and investigate issues and the needs of senior citizens in the City and advise the City Council on such matters;
- Develop and recommend solutions for problems affecting senior citizens to the City Council and other appropriate community organizations and agencies;
- Disseminate information and educational materials and reports that will assist in enhancing the quality of life of senior citizens and the treatment of senior citizens;
- Serve as a liaison between the City Council and the community in matters concerning senior citizens; and
- Prepare and submit an annual report of activities to the city council and make such other reports and recommendations to the City Council from time to time as the senior services commission may determine necessary to improve the quality of life for senior citizens in the city.
Lourdes Villareal Yu
Second Tuesday of each month, 9:00 a.m.; Due to COVID-19 meetings are held virtually via Zoom. See meeting agenda for Zoom link for each meeting.
2021 Meeting Schedule
Oxnard Joslyn Lawn Bowls Clubhouse
350 North C Street
South Oxnard Senior Center
200 East Bard Road
Renee Rakestraw, Senior Services Supervisor, 385-8019
City Clerk’s Office