Fire Suppression and Emergency Services
Fire Suppression and Emergency Services is the largest division within the Oxnard Fire Department and staffs eight fire stations located throughout the city.
In addition to fire suppression, the Division provides emergency medical services, hazardous materials operations, vehicle extrication and water and special rescue operations. In 2017, the Fire Department responded to over 20,000 emergencies.
Daily staffing includes eight engines, two trucks, and a battalion chief.
- Structure Fire Response
- Automobile Extrication
- Ocean Rescue
- Hazardous Materials
- Urban Search and Rescue
- Wildland Fire Suppression
- Tactical EMS
- Emergency Medical Care
- Public Fire and Life Safety Education
- Fire Investigation
- Records Management and Regulation of Hazardous Material Uses
- Disaster Preparedness
- Community Disaster Response Training
- Review and Inspection of New Construction