- [What hours are the parks open?]
- [Are dogs allowed to run around on the beach and in the parks?]
- [How many jolly jumpers are allowed in a park?]
- [Do I need a permit to have a jolly jumper at the park?]
- [Do I need to make a reservation to have a party at a park? How can I reserve one of the pavilions at Oxnard Beach Park?]
- [Who maintains the park restrooms? What time are the restrooms available for use?]
- [The playground equipment is damaged/broken. Who can I contact to report it?]
- [I’ve noticed homeless encampments taking over some of our City parks. Who can I contact? ]
Parks and Recreation
- Campus Park at the corner of Fifth and H Streets;
- Jax’s Windrow Dog Park located in Windrow Park at 3052 North Ventura Rd
- Rudy’s Dog Park in College Park located at 3200 S. Rose Avenue
You are welcome to bring your dogs to other Oxnard parks, provided they are on a leash.
For the Beach:
Bring your leashed dogs before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. to:
- Hollywood Beach on Harbor Blvd. in Channel Islands Harbor
- Silver Strand Beach at the end of Victoria Avenue
Your leashed dog is allowed on Oxnard Beach Park, 1601 S. Harbor Blvd., throughout the day.
How many jolly jumpers are allowed in a park?
Two are allowed in a neighborhood park and three in a community park like Beck, College, Community Center East and West, Del Sol, Oxnard Beach and Southwest Community Park.
Do I need to make a reservation to have a party at a park? How can I reserve one of the pavilions at Oxnard Beach Park?
Reservations are not required at most city parks; picnic areas at these parks are available on a first come first served basis. Reservations are required at the following parks: College Park (fenced in area), Del Sol Park (fenced in area), Oxnard Beach Park Pavilions, Rio Lindo Park (Group BBQ areas) and all the picnic areas in Riverpark. For these reservations, you can reach us by calling the Parks office number at 385-7950 or you can email us using parkreservations @ oxnard dot org. If you would like to reserve the sheltered area at Community Center East Park, call the Performing Arts and Community Center at (805) 385-8147.
I’ve noticed homeless encampments taking over some of our City parks. Who can I contact?
This will require law enforcement presence and should be reported immediately at (805) 385-7740. You may contact the Parks office to request pick up of trash and belongings left in the park as a result of the homeless encampments.
Can I trim the tree in front of my house?
City trees are city property and should not be trimmed by residents. If you would like to make a request for tree trimming, you may contact the Parks office and the administrative support staff will process a request. Please plan in advance. The estimated waiting period for tree trimming is six months.
Is this Parks and Recreation?
No, Parks and Recreation was divided some time ago. Parks is now under the Public Works/Maintenance Services Branch at 385-7950. You may reach Recreation & Community Services at 385-7995.
Who do I contact about the Memory benches in Oxnard Beach Park?
The benches on the walkway are not through a non-profit that is not connected with the City. You can find more information on Ed Hunt Rehab Point Project website. (The website is not affiliated with the City and the information is provided for your convenience only.)